HOW TO USE A TRANSITIONAL POD
CREATING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR BABY TO SLEEP BETTER
There are a few simple steps to remember when putting your baby to sleep.
- Back to sleep for every sleep.
- Use a firm sleep surface.
- Infants sleep in the parents’ room, but on a separate sleep surface designed for them, for at least the first 6 months.
- Keep soft objects and loose bedding away from the infant’s sleep area.
- Consider offering a pacifier at nap time and bedtime.
- Avoid smoke exposure during pregnancy and after birth.
- Avoid alcohol and illicit drug use during pregnancy and after birth.
- Avoid overheating.
- Avoid head coverings during sleep including hats, headbands and bows.
- Avoid use of commercial devices that are inconsistent with safe sleep recommendations.